Adopted May 8, 2009
- Two faculty representatives and an alternate from each of the four-year public institutions of higher education in the State of Ohio (see current Membership).
- One of the faculty representatives from each institution shall be the Chair of the Faculty Senate or comparable elected faculty leader.
- The other faculty representative and alternate shall be selected in a manner designated by the faculty governance at the institution.
- Each member of the OFC must be a faculty member at the institution and may not hold an administrative position above the rank of chair.
- Past Chairs may serve as ex-officio, non-voting members.
- The term of membership is ordinarily at least two years. Terms within each institution's delegation should be staggered to maintain continuity.
- When a representative is unable to attend an OFC meeting, the alternate becomes a full member for that meeting.
- The terms of OFC representatives run from October 1 through September 30, and elections for membership should be held prior to September 30.
- The OFC shall be organized by an Executive Committee consisting of a Chair, Vice-Chair, and Secretary.
- Beginning in 2009, election of the Executive Committee will take place each spring from among the membership of the OFC.
- The Chair will be elected for a two year term and will be a member of the council for the length of his/her term subject to the restriction above (regarding administrative positions).
- The Vice-Chair and Secretary will be elected for one year terms.
- If an Executive Committee member is unable to complete his/her term, an election will be held to name a replacement for the remainder of the term.
- Elections will be presided over by a member of the Executive Committee who is not being considered for re-election or by a designated member of the OFC who is not being considered for a position on the Executive Committee.
- The Executive Committee may appoint committees to assist in carrying out the business of the Ohio Faculty Council.
- The OFC normally meets on the second Friday of each month during the academic year, but with suitable notice the Executive Committee may call meetings at any time.
- Electronic means of communication may be used for any OFC business.